Career Exploration - Sound Engineer
Interested in becoming a sound engineer for an occupation? This activity's focus is on exploring the career of sound engineer.
Turn In: This is an optional activity so only submit this if instructed to do so or if this is something you would like to complete.
If you enjoy creating sounds, recording sounds, mixing sound at a live event, or other things related to sound then there some career opportunities available to investigate and pursue.
When researching this type of career there are some overlapping and conflicting job description and responsibilities. Some use engineer and some use technician in similar and also in different ways.
Here are some additional job titles to consider in your research: audio engineer, audio technician, audio technologist, recording engineer, sound engineer, sound mixer, and sound technician.
For this activity, you will explore and collect information about the career of sound engineer. Here are some questions to research as you explore the career of sound engineer. If writing a report, creating a presentation, or doing a video report, use the information found during your research and organize that information in a meaningful way.
1. What does a sound engineer do?
2. What type of training is needed to be a sound engineer? What classes/subjects should be taken in high school? What should be studied in college?
3. How much money does a sound engineer make?
4. Who is hiring sound engineers? Are they in demand or are there more sound engineers than available jobs?
5. Where are sound engineer jobs at? All over the world or in specific places?
6. What should I do now to prepare to be a sound engineer if interested in this career?
7. Other interesting information about the career of sound engineer?
Copyright © 2021 Eric Schumm. Permission granted to freely use this in your classroom.